When it comes to home aesthetics, the exterior of your home is just as important as the interior. Especially, because it’s the first thing someone may notice as they visit your home. That’s where landscaping, particularly hardscaping, comes into the picture. Hardscaping can play a significant part in the visuals and value of your house. Also, it can help you make a good impression on your neighbors or any potential buyer. So what is hardscaping and how can it make the looks of your property extravagant? Here, POPS Landscaping discusses hardscaping and why you should invest this Fall.
Hardscaping: What Is It?
Hardscaping refers to the man-made features used in landscape architecture. It can be built either in your backyard or front yard and the elements mainly used are stones, tiles, bricks and more.
Hardscaping Vs. Landscaping: What Is the Difference?
The main difference between both depends upon the material used. As the name suggests, Hardscaping uses rigid materials to build various walls, walkways, pathways, patios, etc. In contrast, landscaping is the use of all soft living things like plants, grass, etc. Both add to the beauty of your yard; if you want, you can use both to give your garden an aesthetically pleasing look.
How To Use Hardscape Components to Enhance Your Property?
Hardscaping is an excellent use of yard space, and it can make your yard look stunning, giving luxury vibes. Now there are various ways that you can use hardscaping elements. Following are some ways that you can use elements for backyard hardscaping:
- Tile Patios
- Brick Patios
- Stone Walls
- Stone Artifacts
- Stone Pathways
- Stone Made Steps
- Stone, ceramic, or clay fountains
You can consider any of these options when considering hardscaping. If you want more options, you can always consult with a landscaping company like POPS Landscaping to learn about more options. We will provide you with great options and suggestions on what can be an excellent design for your yard. Moreover, you can also let us know your budget, and we can help you enhance the look of the backyard by providing you with affordable options. So if you want backyard hardscaping within a specific budget, always let us know before we get started on your project.
What Are the Advantages of Hardscaping?
Backyard hardscaping is not all about improving the aesthetic or look of your backyard. Instead, it also helps in improving the function of your outdoor space. There are various advantages of backyard hardscaping, and some of them are listed below:
- Leveling Of Soil – Building stone stairs or retaining walls can help level slopes or uneven parts of the land, keeping the whole yard in even shape.
- Improvement Of Drainage – Hardscaping can help improve the drainage of water. It reduces the time of standing water after any storm or rainy weather.
- Reduce The Standing Water – Added stones and/or rock can absorb the sunlight and emit heat so that heat evaporates all the water. This reduces the water standing time, and due to that, it also lessens the growth of algae or fungi.
- Protection & Privacy – Wooden or metal fencing is perfect for protection and privacy purposes; it can help outline your property borders and prevent any inconvenience due to unwanted guests or wildlife.
- Increases Your Outdoor Space – Construction of a fireplace, pool, fountains, or outdoor living spaces increases the use of outdoor space. Everyone likes to spend quality time outside in beautiful weather. A hardscaping project can give you that space you need to entertain friends and family.
Tips To Consider
Hardscaping can be a bold, beautiful and distinctive choice for your Central PA yard. If done well, it can also be the choice that saves you from considerable time and attention to maintenance. Put these on your list to consider to make sure you’re doing things right:
- Do Your Research – Spend a good amount of time researching ahead of time. This will save you time and money in the long run.
- Know Your Space – Learn exactly how much land you have available for your use. Develop a plan of what you want.
- Know About Drainage – The design and grading of your hardscaping elements can help keep runoff water from collecting and puddling.
- Get To Know Your Landscaping Company – Make sure your hardscape company understands your style and priorities.
- Plan Ahead – Mentally paint a picture of your home and get a general idea of what you want to do and how it’s going to look.
- Focal Point – Have a focal point of where you want people to look immediately, especially if you’ve spent a lot of money on it, such as a patio.
- Balance – Make sure that everything you build or place in your yard fits the scene and doesn’t look awkward or out of place.
- Keep it Green – Keep the original plants and trees to balance out your hard, stone look. There’s nothing less appealing than a yard with no greenery!
Looking For A Professional Hardscape Company? Call Us Today!
Backyard hardscaping and the combination of soft landscaping give your house a beautiful look. Not only that, but it also improves the outlines of your home and can increase the value of your house in case you opt to sell. Want to enhance your backyard? Looking for professional service in Marietta, GA? Then POPS Landscaping is the professionals you need. With experience in both hard and landscaping, we will work hard to give you the yard of your dreams. Give us a call today to learn more about pricing and availability.